Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Last Day of Summer

Today, we went to Mt. Gretna, the Chautauqua of Pennsylvania, to celebrate the last day of summer (I officially start my new job tomorrow). It is one of my favorite places. Numerous cottages, no two the same, are nestled away in the woods. I love to stroll along the paths looking at all the cottages and just taking in whatever the seasons have to offer. After we got done walking, we had lunch at the Jigger Shop, best known for its decadent ice cream concoctions. Today, we had sandwiches and fries. It was a great way to end the summer!

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Sounds like a great day! Good luck with school tomorrow! Love, me

Aunt Sally said...

I look forward to all of the hilarious tales of school days. Keep up the blog!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Sarah, Nice to meet you! Your GD is darling!! I cannot wait to be a Grammy. I just cannot wait. I have wanted this for soooo long. My heart fills up just thinking about it.

Thank you for wonderful comments. You made a great day even nicer. I so hope you see this as I see you haven't blogged in awhile. I bet you are enjoying the kiddo's! I was in preschool for almost 20 years and I do miss them so much!

I hope you update with more pics of Charlotte. Pleaese let me know if you do!! hugs, Linda